| | | |
Home Photo Gallery Newsletter Feedback Sitemap

 
 
 You are in : About us | Mission

Milestones

Year
Achievements
1956
Started as a small school by the members of the Mylapore Ladies' Club
The most prominent of the founders were Sister Subbulakshmi Ammal, Mrs Padmini Chari, Sri Subbaraya Aiyer - noted lawyer.
1960

A small building was constructed. The matriculation section was opened.

1963
The first batch takes the exam.
1975
The school gets affiliated to the CBSE.
1978
The first batch takes the 10th Standard exam. The school become co-ed.
1981
The Silver Jubilee K G Block came up.
1989
Helped establish the Adyar School which today stands independent as Bala Vidya Mandir
1993
The Primary Block came up
1997
The new Admin Block came up
1998
A state of the art computer lab set up with the help of Redington and Compaq
2001
The new open air theatre and library are built.
2004
The new Audio Visual room is inaugurated
2005
Golden Jubilee Year
    2006 A new KG Block called Uma Srinivasan block is inaugurated by the VC of the Madras University
    2010 A branch of Vidya Mandir was set up at the township called Estancia.  Smart Boards installed in all classes from Std III to VIII
2011

The school introduces a filing system to reduce the weight of the school bag and also shifts to two terms as per the CBSE mandate.  Smart Boards are now being used in all classes from KG to Std VIII.

 
About Us
  History
  Milestones
  Our Philosophy
Mission
Faculty
© 2005 Vidya Mandir. Best Viewed with IE 5+ @ 800*600